Thursday, February 2, 2017

Five Star Frou-Frou Never Ending Linkup....Update...

 
Hello everyone.
 
This time last year, I started my linkup Five Star Frou-Frou.
 
You, my blogging friends who linked faithfully, made this a fun idea for quite a while, and for that  I thank you.
 
As the year wore on, and my family responsibilities grew (as they were bound to with grandchildren now in the picture), I found it increasingly difficult to choose features and get the linkup posted at a regular time. You probably noticed this.
 
My solution in the end was to make the linkup a neverending one, with a feature daily. This worked well for both of us for a while I think. But in the end, I still struggled with choosing features in a fair and equitable manner, and linking those to my own subject of the day.
 
Linkups do cost in money (a fee is paid to the inLinkz annually), time, energy and effort.
 
In reassessing the direction in which I'd like to take my blog this year, I had to decide whether to continue as I had, with all the additional stress this was creating in my own life.
 
The annual fee for inLinkz fell due last week, and that was the impetus for me to decide that for this year, at least, with my daughter in her final, very stressful year of high school, and my husband trying to retire, that my priorities lay with my loved ones.
 
So Five Star Frou-Frou will take a break, for 2017 at least, while I find my feet with the new direction my own life is taking.
 
I hope you'll forgive that, and instead, visit and support some of the wonderful linkups I have listed to your right.
 
Thankyou again to all of you for your support and I hope that some of my content is relevant and interesting enough to you, that you will remain as a follower and benevolent reader.
 
Warmly,
 
Mimi xxx

8 comments:

  1. I understand completely...Thanks so much for hosting the length of time that you did..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the time necessary for your family and yourself. I am wishing you all the best xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi family always comes first. All the best with Yr.12 :-) Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family first! I hope you have a wonderful year! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mimi, oh I totally understand about the linkup and how time consuming it is. I appreciate your link up each week you hosted. Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet! :) No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are completely right to focus on your family right now. Thank you for hosting the linkup last year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do understand, darling Mimi, even if I must say that I loved your link-up party such a lot, it was realy a treat to sharing my posts with it !

    Truth is, our family is the most important thing, so be sure to make the right thing, Sweetie !

    Hope your week is off to a good start,
    I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you

    XX Dany

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx